SIGN 166 National clinical guideline for stroke for the UK and Ireland from Healthcare Improvement Scotland (HIS)
This comprehensive guideline, produced in collaboration with Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network (SIGN) and the National Clinical Programme for Stroke, Ireland, was updated in April 2023. It provides evidence-based guidance to help improve the quality of care of adults who have had a stroke regardless of age, gender, type of stroke, location, or any other feature.
The guidance is broken down into sections covering the following:
- Organisation of stroke services
- Acute care
- Rehabilitation and recovery, including:
– Principles of rehabilitation
– Activity and participation
– Motor recovery and physical effects of stroke
– Psychological effects of stroke
– Communication and language
– Sensory effects of stroke
- Long-term management and secondary prevention
The guideline is intended for those providing care, those receiving care including the patient’s family or carers, those commissioning, providing or sanctioning stroke services and anyone looking to improve the care of people with stroke.
For more information, please visit the SIGN website.