Account Assistant – Welcome bonus up to £500
Purpose of the role:
To support the Financial Controller in the daily duties of the Finance Department.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly management accounts, and year end accounts.
- Balance sheet reconciliations, including the bank accounts and balance sheet accounts,
- Maintenance of prepayments and accruals as required,
- Analysis of cost centres to ensure correct costings,
- Debtor ledger maintenance, including invoicing, customer contact and cash allocation,
- Printing non-consolidated invoices- daily. Generating customer statement and Pharmacy fees invoices,
- Setting up new sales accounts and maintaining them, including regular credit checks
- Updating the fixed asset and capitalising asset according to capex policy,
- Maintaining petty cash and reconciling on monthly basis and Credit card expense reconciliation,
- Updating the cash flow forecast for review by the Financial Controller,
- Maintain effective communication with customers and suppliers,
- Providing cover for the Purchase Ledger Manager to include: –
- Managing the inputting of purchase invoices and credit notes using the Sage 200 system,
- Aged creditor review on regular interval and reviewing terms with procurement team,
- Maintaining supplier master report and updating with procurement team.
- Supporting Financial Controller and CFO in any other tasks requested,
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management,
- This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed in the future depending upon operational requirements and staffing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, thoroughness, and mathematical abilities.
- IT literate MS Office
- Previous experience in a finance role
- Management experience (not essential)
- Sage experience (not essential)
Ashtons are offering a £500 welcome bonus to all successful new hires who apply direct to the Company (subject to terms and conditions).
Apply for this job
"*" indicates required fields