Purpose of the role:
To negotiate, manage and monitor all the buy side contracts of Ashtons through the contract lifecycle to ensure that we sign optimised and beneficial deals, with Ashtons best interest in mind. This role will exclude our medicines supplies for resale which is managed by our internal procurement department.
To advise and support the sales team on negotiations, as well as manage and monitor all the sale side contracts of Ashtons through the contract lifecycle to ensure that we sign optimised and beneficial deals, with Ashtons best interest in mind.
The role must understand the requirements of any contract or agreement their employer is entering and advise them on how to get the most favourable terms and conditions.
- Be responsible for negotiating, creating contracts and execution on an array of contracts for various transactions for Ashtons.
- Create standard contracts that the company can use in its dealings with internal and external partners.
- Develop a clear corporate governance framework around contracts aligned with the Delegation of Authority and with our governance board structure. Driving continuous improvement in this area to enhance processes.
- Studying the requirements, duties, responsibilities, and obligations of the company under contracts to ensure alignment with the companies’ goals and industry regulations.
- Alerting management to any legal, regulatory, or financial control compliance issues immediately.
- Researching and diligence contractors, vendors, suppliers, and customers prior to writing and signing contracts.
- Monitoring the implementation and performance of signed contracts, throughout the contract lifecycle
- Be responsible for building, developing, and maintaining relationships all internal and external stakeholders.
- Be responsible for any required disputes resolution on the contract, with the support of the key executive or senior management member.
- Managing the customer contracts, internal set up or systems/processes and account management in partnership with the key SMT members in terms of the following:
- “Revenue” timeliness and completeness of Billing, including quarterly reviews of client billing to “Protect and Assure all revenue streams”.
- “Service SLAs” adherence of requirements, duties, responsibilities and obligations of services and SLAs. Including notice on commencement of services from contract pipeline
- “Change control” processes on any amendment of contract service types.
- “RPI and Inflationary” clause management
- Managing the costs aligned with supplier contracts with the relevant business owner, including any cost optimisation.
- Keeping track of all contracts and ensure extend, renew, or close as required by the business.
- Maintaining, updating and improve contractual records including any correspondence and approvals.
- Present monthly KPIs on the lifecycle of our contracts and future contract roadmaps, including identifying any contractual risks and issues, and deviations from our standard terms.
- Excellent leadership, team management skills and excellent collaborator.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, thoroughness, and mathematical abilities.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Organised and able to prioritise own work and that of other team members to ensure that objectives are met within agreed deadlines.
- Working knowledge of local and international contract laws and corporate policies
- Experience of service and business planning activities and the ability to manage change effectively.
- Demonstrate an ability to write and implement contracts.
- Proven experience in the pharmaceutical sector or in a similar leadership role within a hospital or healthcare setting.
- Executive team including the Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Commercial Officer
- Sales and Business Development team
- Head of Procurement and Head of Finance
- Senior Management Team
- Supplier and Customers
Ashtons are offering a £500 welcome bonus to all successful new hires who apply direct to the Company (subject to terms and conditions).
"*" indicates required fields