We are currently looking for a Pharmacy Dispensing Assistant to assist in the provision of a safe, efficient and effective pharmaceutical service.
The job holder will hold an NVQ (National Vocational Qualification) level 2 in Pharmacy Services.
- To answer enquiries received via telephone or e-mail
- To comply with our values and promote all policies, procedures and official directives pertaining to the post and to promote the highest standards of professional practice and safe working procedures.
- To maintain the highest standards when assembling medications for patients in accordance with the standard operating procedures.
- To support patient care through the appropriate provision of leaflets and warning cards as appropriate.
- To assemble orders for our customers, in accordance with departmental guidelines.
- To present medication for checking and onward transport appropriately. This will be achieved by highlighting any medication stability requirements, (e.g. cold chain lines). supporting our environmental commitment to reduce cardboard waste through the selection of appropriate transport containers.
- To identify outstanding items owed and ascertain the reason for the non-supply of pharmaceuticals. To highlight, escalate and report problems to senior members of staff and notify the healthcare teams if required.
- To keep healthcare teams informed on the progress of their orders if items owed are delayed.
- To receive medication into stock.
- To ensure that stocked medications, identified as unsuitable for storage in the robot, are stored in accordance dispensary risk minimisation procedures and compliance with strict date rotation criteria.
- To comply with robot maintenance, ensuring all medicines are processed correctly into and out of the Robot.
- To report on overstocking, understocking and stock review to the Dispensary Manager.
- To clean and tidy the shelves and equipment.
- To remove expired or damaged stock and ensure that it is segregated for destruction.
- To ensure goods are stored under the appropriate conditions, stocks are rotated and perform regular date checking of stock.
- To maintain the level of consumables during the day including dispensing containers, boxes, bags, stationery, spoons, and oral syringes.
- To undertake any other appropriate duties as may be requested by the Principal Pharmacist or the Dispensary Manager.
Ashtons Hospital Pharmacy Services is a highly respected and successful provider of specialist pharmacy services and key business partner to independent healthcare providers across the UK. We specialise in the supply and management of medication to increase patient safety and meet current regulations and best practice guidelines.
If you are looking for an opportunity to use your skills and experience to make a difference, then we would like to hear from you.
Ashtons are offering a £500 welcome bonus to all successful new hires who apply direct to the Company (subject to terms and conditions).
"*" indicates required fields