NICE QS8 Depression in adults
QS8 was updated in June 2023 to replace the 2011 version
This NICE quality standard on depression in adults was updated in June 2023. It covers the clinical assessment and management of depression in adults, describing high-quality care in priority areas for improvement.
It makes 5 quality statements:
- Adults with suspected depression have a comprehensive assessment.
- Adults with a new episode of depression have a discussion with their healthcare professional about the full range of treatment options.
- Adults with depression who are at a higher risk of relapse have relapse prevention interventions.
- Adults with depression who are stopping antidepressant medication have the dose reduced in stages.
- Adults from minority ethnic backgrounds with depression are supported to access mental health services.
In June 2023 this standard was updated to replace the 2011 version following updated guidance on depression in adults.
For more information, please visit the NICE website.